Conviction rate of criminals in Pakistan is very very low when compared with other countries of the world even the developing ones. It is less than 10 percent. The following are the main reasons for this.
1. Police is very corrupt so the prosecution is very faulty, misleading , false , tilted and biased towards the briber.
2. Police is inefficient.
3. Police is not technologically well-equipped.
4. Police is not well trained in modern techniques of criminology and investigation.
5. Police is poorly selected, not well educated and poorly paid as well.
6. Flaws and leniency in criminal laws.
7. No security and secrecy of witnesses.