Friday, August 12, 2011

Haseem Khan centre forward of Pakistan hockey team


Pakistan hockey’s emerging talented centre-forward Haseem Khan has vowed to follow in the footsteps of his illustrious uncle Hanif Khan.
“I started the sport inspired by my uncle Hanif Khan and sheer hard work and talent brought me first into Pakistan junior side before being elevated to the senior side,” he told APP in his interview on Tuesday at the Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology  where he is studying electronic engineering.
“There is still a long way to go to before I achieve something but I am working really  hard to improve and bring glory and honor to the country,” the young talented player added. He is just 23 right now and looking for a great career ahead.
“The recent tour to Europe with the Pakistan team was great learning experience as we played against top most teams  Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium,” Haseem, who scored three goals on the tour, added.
“I’m trying to improve my finishing though and feel I can bring my game up a lot more.”
He said upcoming Asian Champions Trophy in China will be a great challenge for us as the Asia's best teams including Malaysia, India, Korea and hosts China will be participating".

No comments:

Post a Comment